To complete State of Illinois online Guardianship training, you need an Illinois.gov account. If you work for the State and already have an Illinois.gov account, you can use that. If you don't, you can create one for free by doing the following:
Create an Illinois Public Account
- Go to the State of Illinois Public Account Portal
- Click "Create a new Account"
- Enter your information, including your personal email address
- Make up a password that you will remember (or write it down)
- Click "Register"
- The portal will send you a confirmation email -- when you get it, you must click the link before you can begin the training.
- Make note of the username the system gives you
Take the Training
When you start the training, you will be asked to log in using your Illinois account. Once you are logged in, you will be able to move between slides by:
- clicking the "next" or "back" links in the lower right or left corners
- pressing the right or left arrow keys on your keyboard
- swiping right or left on your smartphone or tablet
You will be asked to answer questions along the way. You need to answer these questions before you can go to the next slide. (Don't worry, if you get one wrong, you can try again.)
On the last slide, you will need to enter the Circuit, County, Case Number, and Matter of your case. Have that information handy.
IMPORTANT! After you enter the above information, you must click the "I certify" button to get credit for completing the course.
After you click the "I certify" button, you will see a screen that says "Training Completed" and gives you a link to view, save, or print your training certificate.
If you get interrupted or get an error message, try starting the training again -- it should pick up right where you left off.
Start the training by clicking: Guardianship Training
For more information about Guardianship, please see or call:
- 1-866-274-8023 (in Illinois)
- 1-708-338-7500 (out of state)
- 1-866-333-3362 (TTY)
For assistance with your username or password:
Public Username Password Reset: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/accounts/Pages/Resetyourpassword.aspx
Public Username Recovery: https://www2.illinois.gov/sites/accounts/Pages/RecoverYourID.aspx